Professional IT Consultant | Project Manager | Systems Implementation & Administration
As a proven IT leader with two decades’ experience and a track record of staying one step ahead of the needs of the businesses and customers I serve, I am an asset to any forward-facing organization.
Take a look through my profile and you will see repeat success as a manager and executive within diverse enterprises; my superior technical know-how and hands-on management style have provided me with the tools to excel as a program leader, external consultant, change agent, and decision maker.
My core competencies include:
· Strategic technology planning and program management
· Project and team leadership
· Infrastructure solution design and deployment
· Risk management, security, and disaster recovery
With a degree in information technology and designations as a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) adding to my value, I am positioned to continue to provide visionary, results-driven leadership to IT programs and customers.
President / CEO 01/2010 – 11/2016
Techlocity, Inc. / HelpDesk.net (formerly Indy IT Professionals) – Indianapolis, IN
- Started company to provide consulting and managed services to SMB market in Indianapolis. First year sales approximately $80,000 with one employee. Sold the company in November of 2016 with 35 employees and $3.2 million in annual sales.
- Primary point of contact for high-level engineering issues considered Tier 3 and above.
- Project Manager and Engineer for 20 – 30 ongoing and rotating projects;
- Exchange and Office 365 Migrations
- Full Server Migrations
- Network and Firewall Implementations
- VoIP Phone System installations
- SAN and NAS installations
- Virtualization on both Hyper-V and VMWare Platforms
- Cloud Migrations of Servers and Applications to Windows Azure and Amazon S3 Platforms
- Disaster Recovery and Backup Solutions
- Security Implementations to include SOX and HIPAA compliance
- Managed help desk and dedicated account teams
- Implemented full ticket management system including ticket auto-escalation and reporting. (ConnectWise)
- Implemented remote monitoring and management system and configured routine maintenance and automated repair processes (Labtech)
- Implementation of training and documentation system (ITGlue)
- Full implementation of cloud antivirus for all clients (Symantec)
- Migration of an average 3 – 4 clients from Exchange to Office 365, earning us Silver Cloud Partner with Microsoft
- Implemented help desk policies and procedures which earned us CompTIA Managed Services Trustmark
- Fully trained and developed employees to substantially contribute to the help desk, accounting, project management, sales, and engineering
IT Manager 06/2004 – 09/2005 and 08/2007 – 01/2010
Nexus Valve, Inc. – Indianapolis, IN
- Lead on all Information Technology Projects, including implementation of online ordering system.
- Managed ERP software Made2Manage and underlying SQL Server
- Established Policies and Procedures for entire manufacturing processes for company.
- Implemented changes in Purchasing, Receiving, Quality Control, and Delivery of product to reduce overhead and systematically control inventory.
Director of Information Technology 09/2005 – 07/2007
The National Conference of Insurance Guaranty Funds – Indianapolis, IN
- Responsible for the management, technical and administrative functions in supervising and participating in information technology functions to provide timely and efficient systems and network operations for the effective and productive work of staff and NCIGF members.
- Manages and participates in information technology functions, with responsibility for in-house systems and NCIGF’s technical participation in outside systems to provide efficient service to users, both staff and members.
- Oversees daily activities and various projects. Directly supervises Information Technology Assistant. Determines and recommends to Vice President staffing levels and assignment of specific responsibilities.
- Works with Vice President to plan, coordinate, and implement effective strategies for expanding NCIGF’s technology services, for determination of policies and procedures governing information technology functions, and for the implementation of new systems and/or enhancements to existing systems.
- Meets with outside parties impacted by NCIGF’s information technology, discussing and analyzing their needs, investigating cost effective ways of meeting needs, and recommends purchase of hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, as deemed appropriate.
- Plans, develops, recommends and directs the implementation of information systems, networks, and equipment, to produce data and analyses, to maintain databases, and to provide technology support. Reviews systems’ efficiency to determine operational problems and solutions.
- Manages and prioritizes the workflow. Oversees projects, monitors progress, and mentors IT Assistant, as needed. Prioritizes duties involving IT Help procedures and support for users, as well as for network and database administration, website design, and the like.
- Compiles figures and submits budget for approval by Vice President and President. Monitors expenditures.
- Keeps informed of developments in information technology. Ensures that subordinate and others are informed and well-versed in pertinent changes, enhancements, and improvements.
- Attends workshops and meetings and speaks to participants on NCIGF’s information technology systems and the interaction with off-site systems and members.
- Participates in the work of NCIGF committees responsible for developing and recommending improvements for technology-related administration and procedures.
- In absence of the System Support Specialist, provides support services to staff and members through the IT Help Desk.
- Developed and Implemented the NCIGF’s disaster recovery procedures.
- Performs tasks related to special projects as directed.
Information Technology Manager 03/2000 – 03/2003
Harlan Bakeries, Inc – Avon, IN
- Established Department Goals, Policies, and Procedures.
- Evaluated current business processes, developed and implemented solutions to increase employee productivity.
- Implemented new technologies to benefit company in cost savings in excess of nearly $40,000.
- Responsible for the IT Department, developing the organization’s structure, strategic growth plans to compliment rapid growth of company, and developed all operational policies and procedures.
- Identified Inventory control and Work Order system for documentation of all assigned equipment and tracking of work generated for each piece of equipment.
- Management and Implementation of Terminal Services and Citrix solution for Enterprise application access from all remote sites.
- Implementation of corporate VPN, creating a cost benefit to the company by providing remote connection to branch sites through a new, less expensive technology.
- Identification and Implementation of Intel LANDesk software to remotely access all Computer systems from central Help Desk. Allows for Software metering and deployment, benefiting the company in reduced overhead and increasing user satisfaction.
- Two completely new network implementations for branch sites.
- Implementation of Customer Relations Management software and generated connectivity to existing ERP system.
- Project Manager for Warehouse Management Solution. Responsible for the research, identification, and purchasing decision on a Warehouse Management Solution that would communicate with ERP system.
- Implementation of new Firewall System with Web and Email filtering software to reduce number of liabilities on the company.
- Constant communication with Management, staff, and end-users to provide consistent knowledge of the Information Technology department’s goals and objectives.
Network Solutions Manager 09/1998 – 03/2000
Compuware Corporation – Indianapolis, IN
- Responsible for Network implementations group.
- Constantly research emerging technologies and training networking staff on these technologies.
- Generated three new clients during timeframe until Indianapolis branch closed in March, 2000.
Network Analyst 05/1996 – 08/1998
Compuserve Corporation – Columbus, OH
- Responsible for Development of Networks and expansion of Area coverage.
- Provided Support to Tier II Customer Support analyst in the event of an outage.
- Programming of Modem interfaces for Dial Up servicing of clients.
Education and Certifications
Certified Ethical Hacker – February, 2006
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Charter Member – January, 2002
Dale Carnegie Leadership Training for Managers – December, 2002
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) – June, 1999[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]