Self motivated IT Manager / Director with a strong background in Management of Technology and more than 20 years’ experience in Information Technology. Possesses a strong direction for a high level of customer support and ensures the on-time delivery of business solutions. Related skills in strategic planning, project management, and responsibilities for budgets exceeding a million dollars. Record of success using new products and technologies to solve complex business problems and improve service delivery.
- Visionary Leader with Strong Management Skills – Broad experience in technology assessment and deployment, budgeting, contract negotiation; recruiting and retention; business planning and implementation, project management, and cost accounting. Able to effectively communicate with managers at all levels and successfully incorporate information technology into business processes and systems.
- Technology Skills – Thoroughly familiar with all aspects of network, routing, and LAN/WAN technologies, domain administration, client / server applications; database structures and administration; technical services, computer operations, software quality assurance; operating systems and supporting applications; VoIP phone systems; web technologies.
- Business Support Proficiency – Implementation of remote desktop management and software assurance application. Creation of policies and procedures for handling of support calls. Development of employees and support teams to provide efficient and consistent results. Extensive reporting of support team results.
Areas of Expertise
- Microsoft Operating Systems and Servers
- Windows 3.1 thru Windows 10
- Windows Server NT thru Windows 2016
- Exchange 2000 thru Exchange 2013
- SQL Server 2000 thru 2014
- Domain Administration and Management
- Exchange, SQL, IIS, Sharepoint Administration and Management
- Office 365, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon S3 Cloud Delivery
- SAN, NAS, Data Warehousing, Clustering, Redundancy
- LAN/WAN, Routing, VPN, and Firewall Technologies
- PBX and VoIP Telephone Systems
- ERP/MRP/CRM/WMS Enterprise Applications
- Project Management, Strategic Planning
- Buying, Purchasing, Negotiations, & Budgeting
- Data Warehousing, Risk Management, & Disaster Recovery
- Information Technology Security Policies and Procedures
President / CEO 01/2010 – 11/2016
Techlocity, Inc. / HelpDesk.net (formerly Indy IT Professionals) – Indianapolis, IN
- Started company to provide consulting and managed services to SMB market in Indianapolis. First year sales approximately $80,000 with one employee. Sold the company in November of 2016 with 35 employees and $3.2 million in annual sales.
- Primary point of contact for high-level engineering issues considered Tier 3 and above.
- Project Manager and Engineer for 20 – 30 ongoing and rotating projects;
- Exchange and Office 365 Migrations
- Full Server Migrations
- Network and Firewall Implementations
- VoIP Phone System installations
- SAN and NAS installations
- Virtualization on both Hyper-V and VMWare Platforms
- Cloud Migrations of Servers and Applications to Windows Azure and Amazon S3 Platforms
- Disaster Recovery and Backup Solutions
- Security Implementations to include SOX and HIPAA compliance
- Managed help desk and dedicated account teams
- Implemented full ticket management system including ticket auto-escalation and reporting. (ConnectWise)
- Implemented remote monitoring and management system and configured routine maintenance and automated repair processes (Labtech)
- Implementation of training and documentation system (ITGlue)
- Full implementation of cloud antivirus for all clients (Symantec)
- Migration of an average 3 – 4 clients from Exchange to Office 365, earning us Silver Cloud Partner with Microsoft
- Implemented help desk policies and procedures which earned us CompTIA Managed Services Trustmark
- Fully trained and developed employees to substantially contribute to the help desk, accounting, project management, sales, and engineering
IT Manager 06/2004 – 09/2005 and 08/2007 – 01/2010
Nexus Valve, Inc. – Indianapolis, IN
- Lead on all Information Technology Projects, including implementation of online ordering system.
- Managed ERP software Made2Manage and underlying SQL Server
- Established Policies and Procedures for entire manufacturing processes for company.
- Implemented changes in Purchasing, Receiving, Quality Control, and Delivery of product to reduce overhead and systematically control inventory.
Director of Information Technology 09/2005 – 07/2007
The National Conference of Insurance Guaranty Funds – Indianapolis, IN
- Responsible for the management, technical and administrative functions in supervising and participating in information technology functions to provide timely and efficient systems and network operations for the effective and productive work of staff and NCIGF members.
- Manages and participates in information technology functions, with responsibility for in-house systems and NCIGF’s technical participation in outside systems to provide efficient service to users, both staff and members.
- Oversees daily activities and various projects. Directly supervises Information Technology Assistant. Determines and recommends to Vice President staffing levels and assignment of specific responsibilities.
- Works with Vice President to plan, coordinate, and implement effective strategies for expanding NCIGF’s technology services, for determination of policies and procedures governing information technology functions, and for the implementation of new systems and/or enhancements to existing systems.
- Meets with outside parties impacted by NCIGF’s information technology, discussing and analyzing their needs, investigating cost effective ways of meeting needs, and recommends purchase of hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, as deemed appropriate.
- Plans, develops, recommends and directs the implementation of information systems, networks, and equipment, to produce data and analyses, to maintain databases, and to provide technology support. Reviews systems’ efficiency to determine operational problems and solutions.
- Manages and prioritizes the workflow. Oversees projects, monitors progress, and mentors IT Assistant, as needed. Prioritizes duties involving IT Help procedures and support for users, as well as for network and database administration, website design, and the like.
- Compiles figures and submits budget for approval by Vice President and President. Monitors expenditures.
- Keeps informed of developments in information technology. Ensures that subordinate and others are informed and well-versed in pertinent changes, enhancements, and improvements.
- Attends workshops and meetings and speaks to participants on NCIGF’s information technology systems and the interaction with off-site systems and members.
- Participates in the work of NCIGF committees responsible for developing and recommending improvements for technology-related administration and procedures.
- In absence of the System Support Specialist, provides support services to staff and members through the IT Help Desk.
- Developed and Implemented the NCIGF’s disaster recovery procedures.
- Performs tasks related to special projects as directed.
Information Technology Manager 03/2000 – 03/2003
Harlan Bakeries, Inc – Avon, IN
- Established Department Goals, Policies, and Procedures.
- Evaluated current business processes, developed and implemented solutions to increase employee productivity.
- Implemented new technologies to benefit company in cost savings in excess of nearly $40,000.
- Responsible for the IT Department, developing the organization’s structure, strategic growth plans to compliment rapid growth of company, and developed all operational policies and procedures.
- Identified Inventory control and Work Order system for documentation of all assigned equipment and tracking of work generated for each piece of equipment.
- Management and Implementation of Terminal Services and Citrix solution for Enterprise application access from all remote sites.
- Implementation of corporate VPN, creating a cost benefit to the company by providing remote connection to branch sites through a new, less expensive technology.
- Identification and Implementation of Intel LANDesk software to remotely access all Computer systems from central Help Desk. Allows for Software metering and deployment, benefiting the company in reduced overhead and increasing user satisfaction.
- Two completely new network implementations for branch sites.
- Implementation of Customer Relations Management software and generated connectivity to existing ERP system.
- Project Manager for Warehouse Management Solution. Responsible for the research, identification, and purchasing decision on a Warehouse Management Solution that would communicate with ERP system.
- Implementation of new Firewall System with Web and Email filtering software to reduce number of liabilities on the company.
- Constant communication with Management, staff, and end-users to provide consistent knowledge of the Information Technology department’s goals and objectives.
Network Solutions Manager 09/1998 – 03/2000
Compuware Corporation – Indianapolis, IN
- Responsible for Network implementations group.
- Constantly research emerging technologies and training networking staff on these technologies.
- Generated three new clients during timeframe until Indianapolis branch closed in March, 2000.
Network Analyst 05/1996 – 08/1998
Compuserve Corporation – Columbus, OH
- Responsible for Development of Networks and expansion of Area coverage.
- Provided Support to Tier II Customer Support analyst in the event of an outage.
- Programming of Modem interfaces for Dial Up servicing of clients.
Education and Certifications
Certified Ethical Hacker – February, 2006
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Charter Member – January, 2002
Dale Carnegie Leadership Training for Managers – December, 2002
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) – June, 1999[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]